Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Vermont Vacation: By the Numbers

Last week I stayed at the same Vermont campground my family's been going to for the past twenty years. Here's the breakdown:

Length of vacation, in days: 7
Near-death experiences: 0*

Ben & Jerry's flavors consumed: 8
Total flavors of ice cream devoured: 12
Cider donuts completely and utterly massacred: 6

Days I wrote for at least an hour: 4
Days I napped for at least an hour: 1
Days I read for at least an hour: 6
Books finished: 4**

Moose Crossing signs passed: 13
Times I sang the phrase MooOOOOoose Crossing: 31
Times I was alone whilst doing this: 31

Years since I last played a round of golf: 2
Holes played: 9
Birdies: 1
Triple bogeys: 2
Times my hat blew off on the first hole: 5

Games played: 24
Evil Trivial Pursuit teams vanquished: 1
Croquet mallets brandished menacingly: 2
Shuffleboard sticks wielded malevolently: 1
Frisbees knocked away maliciously: 11
Adverbs hurled malignantly: 19

Shooting stars witnessed: 6
Stars visible in VT that aren't visible in CT, in gazillions: 2.7

Photos taken: 230
Photos taken using my snazzy new tripod: 54
Photos of wildlife: 20
Photos of people: 10
Photos of random plastic monkeys: 2***

Days until I go back: 352


* That makes one year in a row!
** Not a serious book among 'em:
The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett
The Sea of Monsters, Rick Riordan
How Did You Get This Number, Sloane Crosley
The Big Over Easy, Jasper Fforde
*** Technically, one was a random plastic ape, but that's not important. Also not important: I happened upon two other random plastic monkeys I didn't photograph. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment